We're a leading financial institution, a key player in the Maltese market and part of a highly diversified multi-national group of companies. Employing a team of 270 employees, the Bank offers a full range of lending and savings solutions to both personal and business customers. We strive to offer a highly personalised service through our network of twelve retail branches spread across the Maltese Islands.
We're a team of inspired people who believe that opportunities start with a conversation.
Duties & Responsibilities
You will be responsible for:
- coordinating diversified activities of a commercial, administrative and operative nature;
- assisting in achieving the Bank's targets and objectives;
- coaching junior staff in their daily work;
- assisting in leading the Branch team when necessary;
- carrying out general administrative duties as may be required, whilst ensuring the high-quality customer service at-all-times; and
- undertaking tasks related to negotiation and decision-making as may be required by management from time to time.
Competencies & Experience
The potential candidate should be reliable and trustworthy, well-organised with a disposition to learn and have a team-oriented approach.
- have a minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar role;
- be familiar with banking accounting fundamentals, foreign operations and cashier/front office duties;
- possess good knowledge of sales techniques;
- be able to work both independently and within a team;
- have good analytical skills and be meticulous in your work;
- embrace and promote a compliance culture;
- possess excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Maltese;
- have excellent organisational skills; and
- possess excellent MS Office application skills mainly in the use of MS Excel and MS Word.
A Degree in Economics, Business Management or Banking and Finance will be considered as an asset.