We're a leading financial institution, a key player in the Maltese market and part of a highly diversified multi-national group of companies. Employing a team of 270 employees, the Bank offers a full range of lending and savings solutions to both personal and business customers. We strive to offer a highly personalised service through our network of twelve retail branches spread across the Maltese Islands.
We're a team of inspired people who believe that opportunities start with a conversation.
Duties & Responsibilities
We're seeking a talented and experienced Solutions Architect to join our team. As a Solutions Architect, you will be responsible for developing and implementing systems architecture that meets the business needs of our organisation. You will gather requirements, assess existing software systems, identify areas for improvement, and oversee development teams to ensure the successful implementation of the architecture. The chosen candidate will be an integral part of the team to drive our digital transformation project.
You will be responsible for:
- collaborating with stakeholders to gather requirements and functional specifications for new or enhanced systems architecture;
- designing and developing systems architecture that aligns with business objectives and supports scalability, reliability, security, and performance requirements;
- ensuring that the architecture adheres to industry best practices and standards;
- conducting technology evaluations to select the appropriate technologies, frameworks, and tools for the systems architecture;
- proposing and implementing architectural improvements to enhance the functionality, efficiency, and effectiveness of existing systems;
- collaborating with development teams to ensure the successful integration of architectural improvements;
- assessing the impact of changes and modifications on the existing architecture and make necessary adjustments;
- overseeing the implementation and integration of the systems architecture to ensure adherence to specifications and requirements; and
- providing guidance and technical leadership to development teams throughout the software development life cycle.
Competencies & Experience
The potential candidate should be reliable and trustworthy, well-organised with a disposition to learn and have a team-oriented approach.
- have a Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or in a related field (or equivalent experience);
- Relevant certifications, such as TOGAF (The Open Group Architecture Framework) or Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert, are highly desirable;
- have proven experience as a Solutions Architect or a similar role, including experience in developing and implementing systems architecture;
- have strong knowledge of systems architecture principles, methodologies, and best practices;
- be proficient in assessing and improving existing software systems;
- have Experience in overseeing development teams and collaborating with cross-functional teams;
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively convey technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders;
- have strong analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- be familiar with industry standards and regulations relevant to the organisation;
- have strong understanding of API design, API management, and integration patterns;
- be familiar with modern development frameworks and tools, such as RESTful APIs, OAuth, OpenAPI/Swagger, and DevOps practices; and
- having experience in fintech or banking industry is desirable.