BNF Contactless Debit Card
The BNF Contactless Debit Card gives you access to your money anytime, anywhere, in a convenient and more secure environment. You can make use of it on any Visa supported ATM or POS Terminal, both locally and worldwide.
The BNF Contactless Debit Card with the 'contactless' symbol may be used to effect contactless payments at point of sale terminals which are contactless enabled and display the symbol.
For security reasons, you will be required to insert your Debit Card for an EMV Chip transaction and key in your PIN:
- on your very first transaction, so as to ensure that the card is in your rightful possession. Contactless will be activated right after your first transaction;
- on the 6th consecutive contactless transaction, to minimise risk on repeated transactions such as when cards are lost or stolen; and
- if the transaction is over €25.
Contactless payments are accepted in a wide range of retail establishments, hotels, restaurants and shops. You can still use your card to effect transactions by entering your PIN (secured through the EMV Chip technology), when prompted by the POS Terminal. You can use contactless to:
- pay for your everyday purchases without the need to carry around cheques or cash;
- withdraw cash from a VISA ATM anywhere in the world; and
- make online, phone and mail-order purchases without leaving the comfort of your home.
To effect a Contactless Payment, follow these three simple steps:
- Tap your BNF Contactless Debit Card against the contactless reader and check that the value is the correct amount.
- Wait until the point of sale emits an alert (sound or light) to indicate successful processing of the transaction.
- Your payment should be completed within seconds.
The BNF Bank Debit Card is 3D Secure. This technology gives you an additional layer of security when shopping online, and further protects against unauthorised and fraudulent card transactions by requiring authentication whenever an eligible purchase is made. More information, including an FAQ and terms and conditions, are available here.
Come talk to us
Applying for a Debit Card is simple. Visit us at your preferred BNF Bank branch and open a Current or Savings Account.
If you're already a BNF Debit Cardholder and would like to switch to Contactless, you may submit a request for replacement by advising your relationship officer at the branch or by calling Customer Care on 2260 1000. You can also opt to send a secure message via internet banking.
We're ready to listen
Terms and conditions apply.BNF Bank plc is a credit institution licensed by the MFSA to undertake the business of banking in terms of the Banking Act 1994.