We're a leading financial institution, a key player in the Maltese market and part of a highly diversified multi-national group of companies. Employing a team of 270 employees, the Bank offers a full range of lending and savings solutions to both personal and business customers. We strive to offer a highly personalised service through our network of twelve retail branches spread across the Maltese Islands.
We're a team of inspired people who believe that opportunities start with a conversation.
Duties & Responsibilities
You will be responsible for:
- performing data analysis to generate activity reports and fulfill ad-hoc reporting requests for both internal and external stakeholders upon request;
- collaborating and communicating with the technology department to acquire necessary data for specific tasks;
- collecting market intelligence, identifying trends, and conducting analyses of customer and competitive behaviors to support the development and commercialisation of strategies and products;
- interpreting results from data analysis and providing recommendations to enhance the Bank's performance and profitability in relation to its product offerings;
- assisting in crafting business cases for the introduction of new products or reviews of existing ones;
- aiding in the preparation of essential product-related documentation, including terms and conditions, and internal communications;
- engaging in the development, testing, and implementation of new projects, products, programs, and plans on both short and long-term bases;
- supporting the Unit in formulating project Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and monitor their achievement;
- staying informed about local and international business and market trends;
- maintaining the Bank's Products Catalogue and Tariff of Charges up to date;
- acting as a point of reference for inquiries related to products;
- being responsible for maintaining the departmental instruction manual and identifying areas for efficiency improvement;
- staying informed about new digital developments affecting the banking industry and identify potential opportunities; and
- undertaking other related assignments and projects as requested by management.
Competencies & Experience
The potential candidate should also have a positive attitude, be well-organised, with a disposition to learn, meticulous, with a team-oriented approach to work.
- be proficient in MS-Excel or Power BI for data analysis and reporting purposes;
- possess a recognised qualification in a Mathematical, Economics, Business Management, Banking or Financial area;
- have previous experience in a similar role, this will be considered as an asset, although this is not a must;
- be able to communicate effectively and explain complex matters in a concise but clear manner;
- be commercially minded and client oriented while safeguarding interests of the Bank;
- be a multitasker, target oriented and with good time management skills;
- have an analytical mindset with an eye for detail; and
- be well organised.