We're a leading financial institution, a key player in the Maltese market and part of a highly diversified multi-national group of companies. Employing a team of over 270 employees, the Bank offers a full range of lending and savings solutions to both personal and business customers. We strive to offer a highly personalised service through our network of twelve retail branches spread across the Maltese Islands.
We're a team of inspired people who believe that opportunities start with a conversation.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Manager will be responsible to lead a team of customer care agents and manage the operations of the Customer Care Centre. This will include liaising with different units and departments to streamline processes, whilst ensuring optimal customer service. A key deliverable will be to build operational capability to robustly handle multi-channel contacts and proactively deliver service that meets and exceeds customers’ expectations in line with regulatory requirements.
You will be responsible for:
- running and managing the Call Centre through the effective use of resources on a daily basis;
- positively leading and motivating the team to achieve set performance objectives;
- conducting on-the-job training, devising training plans, monitoring performance and, mentoring and supporting the team to assist in developing their full potential;
- ensuring a homogeneous high-level service delivery and a high-level of customer satisfaction through the various channels available, whilst being always on the lookout for new improvements;
- ensuring that contacts and queries with the Bank are handled within predetermined time scales and are properly dealt with;
- ensuring that staff members promote the Bank’s products according to customers’ needs and effectively refer leads to other units within the Bank;
- managing administrative tasks in connection with the running of the Centre in an efficient and effective manner, whilst ensuring that procedures and guidelines are properly documented and updated;
- utilising customer quality measurement tools effectively, to monitor customer satisfaction;
- embracing, promoting, and managing a compliance culture within the team, in line with Bank’s procedures and all other relevant regulatory requirements;
- consistently promoting the Bank’s image, products, and services even outside standard working hours;
- achieving and exceeding set targets by proactively planning and organising day-to-day duties; and
- performing other related assignments, tasks and projects as requested by management.
Competencies & Experience
The potential candidate should be reliable and trustworthy, well-organised with a disposition to learn and have a team-oriented approach.
- have leadership skills with assertiveness, self-confidence, and people management skills;
- be decisive when taking actions based on established policies and procedures;
- be highly organised and meticulous in your work;
- be flexible, highly committed and possess excellent interpersonal skills;
- keep customer experience (both external and internal) at the forefront of all actions performed;
- demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills in both English and Maltese;
- lead by example and adopt a ‘hands on’ approach to work;
- be able to perform on own initiative, able to multitask and remain calm under pressure;
- be results oriented;
- be a team player with good networking capabilities and conflict resolution skills;
- have a positive attitude, be adaptable to change and be well organised;
- have knowledge of banking fundamentals; and
- have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a customer service environment.