We're a leading financial institution, a key player in the Maltese market and part of a highly diversified multi-national group of companies. Employing a team of 270 employees, the Bank offers a full range of lending and savings solutions to both personal and business customers. We strive to offer a highly personalised service through our network of twelve retail branches spread across the Maltese Islands.
We're a team of inspired people who believe that opportunities start with a conversation.
Duties & Responsibilities
You will be responsible:
- To ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements set on the Bank;
- To ensure that the Bank has optimum liquidity and liability structure;
- To achieve the target set for cost of funds;
- To actively manage the investment portfolio of the Bank;
- To achieve the budgets set on Treasury in terms of Interest income on Treasury assets and trading income;
- To ensure successful on going relationships with Correspondent Banks, market counterparties and other partners;
- To present key reports to management and board committees such as the Asset and Liability Committee, Executive Committee, Investment Committee, Risk Committee and Board of Directors;
- To develop new and profitable product lines within the given departmental responsibilities;
- To ensure that Treasury staff are appropriately managed and developed;
- To make a full contribution to the strategic development of the Bank.
Competencies & Experience
They will need to:
- Have at least 7 years experience in Treasury, Asset Liability Management, Portfolio Management or Asset Management;
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree and qualifications in Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Finance, Economics, Business, or another related field. CFA or equivalent will be considered an asset;
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Banking regulations, risks and appropriate controls;
- Possess strong leadership and team management skills; and
- Have excellent communication skills.