We're a leading financial institution, a key player in the Maltese market and part of a highly diversified multi-national group of companies. Employing a team of 270 employees, the Bank offers a full range of lending and savings solutions to both personal and business customers. We strive to offer a highly personalised service through our network of twelve retail branches spread across the Maltese Islands.
We're a team of inspired people who believe that opportunities start with a conversation.
Duties & Responsibilities
You will be responsible for:
- overseeing and managing all the Bank’s contracts related to the Bank's properties and other third-party service providers;
- updating the contracts database ensuring accuracy and completeness;
- sending out relative reminders and chasers to other departments such that any updates are seen to in a timely manner;
- maintaining the key register for the various properties of the Bank;
- updating of the various departmental registers as required;
- maintaining of the fixed asset register;
- building and maintaining positive relations with all Bank employees;
- ensuring the provision of excellent service to colleagues within the organisation, such that their working environment is safe, pleasant and conducive to productivity;
- updating of records and procedures in line with the various regulatory relevant to the department's line of work;
- participating in various departmental snap checks and audits to ensure compliance and efficiency;
- assisting in any administrative work as required within the department;
- obtaining quotes from current suppliers and research new suppliers for the Bank in line with the Bank’s procurement policies;
- placing orders for stationery, groceries, appliances, or any other required purchases; and
- providing support in drafting Executive Committee memos, proposals, and other EC-related materials.
Competencies & Experience
The potential candidate should be reliable and trustworthy, well-organised with a disposition to learn and have a team-oriented approach.
- possess strong proficiency in written and verbal communication, with a strong command of the English language;
- showcase a strong understanding of financial principles related to budgeting and cost management;
- possess good negotiation skills for obtaining favourable terms and quotes from suppliers whilst maintaining excellent relations with all the stakeholders;
- show flexibility in adapting to new technologies and new requirements;
- display a customer-centric approach in ensuring the highest level of service to internal stakeholders;
- possess a continuous improvement mindset, identifying opportunities to streamline processes and enhance efficiency;
- showcase leadership qualities for guiding and coordinating departmental initiatives;
- demonstrate a commitment to professional development;
- exhibit cultural competence and the ability to work effectively in a diverse and inclusive workplace;
- possess a proactive approach to risk management and compliance with relevant regulations;
- show resilience and the ability to remain composed in challenging or high-pressure situations;
- display strong problem-solving skills with the ability to think critically and analytically;
- have a practical approach to addressing issues as they arise;
- possess a clean driving license;
- have strong organisational and administrative skills;
- have excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- be familiar with relevant legislations and procurement processes;
- have the ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- be attentive to detail and capable of managing multiple tasks simultaneously; and
- have a strong command of MS Office suite of products.