We're a leading financial institution, a key player in the Maltese market with a presence in London and part of a highly diversified multi-national group of companies. Employing a team of over 270 employees, the Bank offers a full range of lending and savings solutions to both personal and business customers with the London Branch focused on Commercial Real Estate loans (bilateral and syndicated) plus deposit taking.
We're a team of inspired people who believe that opportunities start with a conversation.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Assistant Branch Manager and Senior Credit Analyst will be responsible for assisting the Branch Manager in all Branch Commercial activities and conducting detailed Credit applications and reviews for the banks Commercial Property Portfolio in the UK.
You will be responsible for:
- managing existing credit reviews, new business requests and trigger event reports, ensuring any risks to the agreed timescales are escalated to the Branch Manager;
- deputising for the Branch Manager on any commercial activity performed by the London Branch;
- liaising with the client or lead syndicate bank to source financial accounts, business plan, valuation reports etc so that a full credit review can be concluded in a timely manner;
- participating in regular bank meetings either with borrowers directly or syndication desks of major banks;
- maintaining the highest standard of excellence in customer service and answer client queries as and when they arise; and
- handling borrower consent requests on syndicated loans in conjunction with the UK Branch Manager.
Competencies & Experience
The potential candidate should be reliable and trustworthy, well-organised with a disposition to learn and have a team-oriented approach.
- have a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 5 years’ experience within a front office support role in Banking or Financial Services;
- have previous front office experience within a Commercial Property focused bank;
- demonstrate strong credit analysis skills and knowledge of commercial real estate loan structures;
- have excellent verbal, formal written communication and social skills;
- have transaction management skills and commercial awareness;
- be able to be flexible, manage priorities whilst remaining calm under pressure;
- have a positive ‘can do’ attitude and an ability to take ownership of tasks through to completion; and
- be able to work collaboratively and independently when required.