We’re a leading financial institution, a key player in the Maltese market and part of a highly diversified multi-national group of companies. Employing a team of 270 employees, the Bank offers a full range of lending and savings solutions to both personal and business customers. We strive to offer a highly personalised service through our network of twelve retail branches spread across the Maltese Islands.
We’re a team of inspired people who believe that opportunities start with a conversation.
Duties & Responsibilities
You will be responsible for:
- conducting investigations on Name and Payment Screening and analysing the hits being raised by the transaction monitoring system.
- analysing hits being raised by the transaction monitoring system and assessing whether the hits are in line with the known customer’s profile;
- clearing hits by correlating with the customer information including source of funds and source of wealth information, whilst triggering the request of back up documentation from the customer and other reliable sources, as and when deemed necessary;
- escalating matters with suspicion of ML/FT by raising the required internal report in line with the Bank’s AML/CFT procedures;
- analysing the hits being raised on the screening module with respect to customer and payment screening against the relevant sanction lists amongst others and escalating any identified positive hits, ensuring that such hits, including PEPs are fully investigated in line with the Bank’s internal procedures and regulatory requirements;
- demonstrating team spirit by completing standard office tasks and other duties such as liaising with colleagues to ensure that the Bank's obligations are met whilst maintaining the highest standard of excellence in customer service;
- strictly following procedures, actively contributing to process improvements and working closely with CRU Mangers to ensure the standards, workflows are respected and that potential risks are properly mitigated;
- proactively conducting payment analysis of transactions to link unidentified transactions and accounts to known fraudulent activity by investigating suspicious alerts with proper analysis and follow up;
- ensuring that names with hits are investigated in a timely manner with the necessary escalations being undertaken to safeguard AML/CFT policies and procedures whilst risks are mitigated through proper documentation and rationale;
- participating in regular meetings and investigating areas as necessary amongst the unit, the department, and other internal colleagues; and
- assisting in the application of all relevant policies, procedures, processes within the unit.
Competencies & Experience
The potential candidate should be reliable and trustworthy, well-organised with a disposition to learn and have a team-oriented approach.
- have strong KYC and Customer Due Diligence knowledge;
- have excellent verbal, formal written communication and social skills;
- possess strong Data Analytics and Data Management;
- have excellent planning, organisation and time management abilities;
- be able to be flexible, manage priorities whilst remaining calm under pressure;
- have the ability to take ownership of tasks through to completion;
- be able to work collaboratively within a team and also independently when required;
- have the ability to engage in challenging discussions;
- have conflict management;
- be meticulous with attention to detail.
- have the ability to analyse, interpret and execute procedures;
- be proficient in MS Excel;
- have a recognised Anti Money Laundering, Compliance, Financial Crime or similar qualification;
- Preference will be given to candidates with a minimum of 1 year experience in payments, customers and transactions monitoring; and
- A degree in Banking and Finance, Financial Services or related area will be considered as an asset;