We're a leading financial institution, a key player in the Maltese market and part of a highly diversified multi-national group of companies. Employing a team of 220 employees, the Bank offers a full range of lending and savings solutions to both personal and business customers. We strive to offer a highly personalised service through our network of twelve retail branches spread across the Maltese Islands.
We're a team of inspired people who believe that opportunities start with a conversation.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Analyst - Middle Office will be responsible for conducting detailed Customer Due Diligence (CDD) reviews. The Analyst will be responsible to perform Customer Risk Assessments (CRA) together with ongoing client monitoring. The Analyst will collect documentation and information required for the completion of the CDD profile throughout the entirety of the customer lifecycle, CDD trigger events and periodic reviews, payment screening and automated transaction monitoring investigations.
You will be responsible for:
- carrying out Ongoing Monitoring and Triggering Reviews of Customers using the risk-based approach as established in the Bank's Policies and Procedures, Customer Acceptance Policy and Customer Due Diligence Principles;
- managing existing client CDD and CRA processes by analysing documentation collected, collating all information arising from investigations and recording all findings accordingly in the defined SLAs, while ensuring any risks to the timescales are escalated to the Head of Unit;
- liaising with the client and actively participating in gathering detailed client information and supporting documentation required to complete the CDD profile and CRA reviews;
- analysing client transaction behaviour and correlating with the source of funds and source of wealth information and documentation collected from the customer and other sources, furthermore if suspicious of ML/FT arise, then escalating and raising STR accordingly;
- ensuring that any data input is dealt with in a timely manner and in the correct and consistent format;
- conducting on-site and off-site client reviews keeping record thereof;
- demonstrating team spirit by completing standard office tasks and other duties such as liaising with colleagues and clients to ensure that the Bank's obligations are met whilst maintaining the highest standard of excellence in customer service;
- ensuring Sanctions Screening, KYC and PEP's are fully investigated in line with regulatory requirements and the Bank's policies and guidelines;
- strictly following procedures, actively contributing to process improvements and working closely with MO Manger to ensure the standards, workflows are respected and that potential risks are properly mitigated; and
- proactively conducting payment analysis of transactions to link unidentified transactions and accounts to known fraudulent activity by investigating suspicious alerts with proper analysis and follow up.
Competencies & Experience
The potential candidate should be reliable and trustworthy, well-organised with a disposition to learn and have a team-oriented approach. The candidate should also demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Maltese, with the ability to communicate effectively using a high level of business English.
You must have:
- have a minimum of 1 year experience within CDD/KYC/AML in Banking or Financial Services;
- ideally possess a degree in Banking and Finance, Financial Services or related area, which will be considered an asset;
- ideally have a recognised Anti Money Laundering, Compliance or Financial Crime Qualification, which will be considered an asset;
- be proficient in MS Excel;
- have experience in internal and external stakeholder management;
- have excellent verbal, formal written communication and social skills;
- demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Maltese, with the ability to communicate effectively using a high level of business English;
- have project management skills and be objective oriented;
- possess strong Data Analytics and Data Management;
- have excellent planning, organisation and time management abilities;
- be able to be flexible, manage priorities whilst remaining calm under pressure;
- have a positive 'can do' attitude and an ability to take ownership of tasks through to completion;
- be driven and resilient;
- have the ability to work collaboratively and independently when required;
- be able to have difficult conversations;
- show conflict management skills; and
- be attentive to details.