We're a leading financial institution, a key player in the Maltese market and part of a highly diversified multi-national group of companies. Employing a team of over 220 employees, the Bank offers a full range of lending and savings solutions to both personal and business customers. We strive to offer a highly personalised service through our network of twelve retail branches spread across the Maltese Islands.
We're a team of inspired people who believe that opportunities start with a conversation.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Administrative Officer will be responsible for conducting detailed Customer Due Diligence (CDD) reviews and Customer Risk Assessments (CRA). The Administrative Officer will collect documentation and information required for the completion of the CDD profile throughout the entirety of the customer lifecycle, including onboarding, CDD trigger events and reviews.
You will be responsible for:
- performing periodic CDD and CRA reviews that include an analysis of the customer's profile and related documentation;
- managing existing client CDD and CRA processes to defined SLAs and ensuring any risks to the timescales are escalated to the Head of Unit;
- liaising with the client to gather detailed client information and supporting documentation required to complete the CDD profile and CRA reviews;
- analysing client transaction in line with CRA and CDD requirements;
- ensuring that any data input is dealt with in a timely manner and in the correct and consistent format;
- conducting on-site and off-site client reviews keeping record thereof;
- participating in regular meetings and investigating areas as necessary, including performing random checks with respective relationship managers;
- applying all relevant policies, procedures, processes relating to all areas of AML, CDD and CRA;
- maintaining the highest standard of excellence in customer service and answering client queries as and when they arise;
- liaising with colleagues and clients to ensure that the Bank's obligations are met;
- ensuring instructions related to Sanctions Screening, KYC and PEP's are fully adhered to in line with regulatory requirements and the Bank's policies and guidelines;
- reviewing any past or pending Regulatory inquiries related to customer account and determining if relevant to enhanced due diligence review;
- reviewing cashiering and trading activity, including deposits, withdrawals and third-party payments, to identify suspicious activity; and
- analysing and verifying source of funds/wealth information through online searches or other documentation.
Competencies & Experience
The potential candidate should be reliable and trustworthy, well-organised with a disposition to learn and have a team-oriented approach.
- demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Maltese, with the ability to communicate effectively using a high level of business English;
- possess social skills;
- have project management skills and be objective oriented;
- possess strong Data Analytics and Data Management;
- have excellent planning, organisation and time management abilities;
- have ability to be flexible, manage priorities whilst remaining calm under pressure;
- show a positive 'can do' attitude and an ability to take ownership of tasks through to completion;
- have drive and resilience;
- be able to work collaboratively and independently when required;
- be able to have difficult conversations;
- demonstrate conflict management skills;
- pay attention to detail;
- have a Minimum of 1 year experience within CDD/KYC/AML in Banking or Financial Services;
- have a degree in Banking and Finance, Financial Services or related area will be considered an asset;
- be proficient in MS Excel; and
- have the ability to analyse, interpret and execute procedures.
- recognised Anti Money Laundering, Compliance or Financial Crime Qualification will be preferred.